Pepper steak / beef pepper steak. Jamaican Pepper Steak is a Central American and Caribbean sliced beef dish that can be traced back hundreds of years to the first settlers and enslaved settlers that arrived from Europe and Africa to the region. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. In a small, nonporous bowl, combine the peppercorns, tamari, garlic, sugar and salt.
Pepper steak is quick, easy and perfect to whip up any night of the week. Strips of beef and bell peppers are stir fried in a wok to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! As a kid I loved when my Mom made pepper steak and now that I'm an adult, it's always a hit in my house when I make it. You can have Pepper steak / beef pepper steak using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pepper steak / beef pepper steak
- Prepare 1.5-2 lbs of beef strips.
- You need 1/2 of yellow onion, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 of green pepper, minced.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1 of chicken bullion cube.
- It’s 1 tbs of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of sofrito.
- Prepare 1 packet of sazon.
- It’s of Juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, sliced.
- You need of Rest of green pepper, sliced.
- It’s 1/2 of of any other pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 tbs of olive oil.
Pepper steak is a classic Chinese-American dish consisting of sliced strips of steak that are seasoned with a hefty dose of freshly ground pepper. The dish is believed to have origins in the Chinese province of Fujian, where pork was originally used instead of beef. A flavorful Italian-style marinade adds flavor and tenderness to beef steaks. CHINESE PEPPER STEAK that is restaurant delicious but easy to make at home!
Pepper steak / beef pepper steak step by step
- Cut your beef into slices, if it isn't already. In large mixing bowl, add diced onions, diced peppers, garlic, oregano, bullion cube, sazon, soy sauce, sofrito, lime juice, black pepper, and 1 tsp olive oil. Mix to combine. Let marinate for atleast 30 min- 2days..
- In down time, slice onions & peppers..
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add oil. Once oil is hot, add your meat. Let your meat cook for 4-5 min. Then stir for about five minutes so all sides are brown..
- Add water by placing it into the marinade bowl then add to the meat. Add enough water to cover the meat. Simmer on medium heat for 10 minutes. If water dries up, you can add more. Stew meat for 10-45 minutes depending on the type of beef you are using. Once meat is tender, add onions, peppers & vinegar. Add a little more water, turn down the heat & cook until onions/peppers are to your liking..
This Pepper Steak Recipe rivals your favorite takeout but is healthier and made with pantry friendly ingredients. It boasts buttery tender beef and crisp-tender bell peppers enveloped in a dynamic stir fry sauce infused with. Try our quick and easy beef pepper steak recipe. See a full list of ingredients and how to prepare the steak step by step. Set a skillet on HIGH heat.