Homemade Knife Cut beef Noodles from scratch. Knife-cut noodles (Dao Xiao Mian) are legendary in China, a specialty of the Shanxi province. In this vlog, we share with you our experience at Shanxi Yu Pin Beef Noodle and give you an inside look at how they make their knife-cut beef noodles. Ramen noodles are easy to make but the dough is tough to knead and roll by hand.
I cut my noodles using a pizza cutter (my noodles are not fancy by any means) but there are many other tools available to help you cut and/or shape your. Homemade Knife Noodles. 칼국수 면, KalGukSu Myeon. It is still hot these days, but Now, we will cut it. You can have Homemade Knife Cut beef Noodles from scratch using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Knife Cut beef Noodles from scratch
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- You need 1 cup of water with salt solution.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s of Beef broth.
- You need of Onions.
- It’s of Chopped cabbage.
- It’s of Deep fried garlic.
- You need of Spring onions.
- You need of Ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tsp of powdered black pepper.
- You need of Dried red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 3 tsp of fish sauce.
To cut the noodles into thin and regular sized strips, I will tell you a tip that Korean moms always use to make homemade kalgusu noodles. Homemade Egg Noodles with four simple ingredients and no special equipment. What are egg noodles made of? All you need is FOUR super simple ingredients to make homemade egg noodles I am asked to make beef and noodles or chicken and noodles for potlucks, office parties.
Homemade Knife Cut beef Noodles from scratch step by step
- Prepare the dough. Pour in the salt water solution to the flour then mix. It will be sticky for a bit but should be ok..
- Knead the dough for 30 minutes then leave it to rest for an hour. Repeat the process twice until dough is smooth..
- Flatten the dough using a rolling pin until the dough is thin enough.add some flour and fold the flattened dough..
- Cut the dough using a knife to noodles portions..
- Put the noodles into boiling water for 3 minutes to cook. Then put it in a bowl with cold water or water with ice.
- On a separate bowl cook the beef broth with ground beef. Add salt, fish sauce, pepper, garlic and onions let it boil for 20 minutes.
- Add the noodles to the broth with cabbage, pepper, spring onions, chopped cabbage then serve hot!.
Making noodles at home is actually very easy and requires very simple ingredients, they are wheat flour, egg, water, salt, and oil. The best thing about homemade noodles is, you know what ingredients you are using, hence they are free of preservatives and you can use organic wheat flour for more. Knife-cut noodles, also known as Dao Xiao Mian in Chinese, are legendary in China. It is a specialty of the Shanxi province. Chef Bao shares tips on making these delicious handmade noodles from scratch.