Thai Basil Beef. Basil is wilted like a leafy green in this thai beef stir fry recipe, then added raw at the end for a double dose of its aromatic flavor. Basil—using Thai holy basil (if you're lucky enough to find it) makes this spicy beef stir-fry worthy of the name "phat ka-phrao" which means "holy basil stir-fry". Slice beef and Thai purple basil combine for a very quick but super-flavorful stir-fry.
Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry tastes just like the one you love at your favorite Thai restaurant, without the junk ingredients! Thai Basil: Fresh Thai basil absolutely makes this recipe, so I really recommend tracking some Description. This Thai Basil Beef Noodle Stir-Fry recipe is easy to make and tossed with the best. You can have Thai Basil Beef using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Beef
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of onion sliced.
- Prepare 6 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger minced.
- Prepare 1 of red pepper sliced.
- Prepare 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 1 cup of Thai basil leaves chopped.
- Prepare 3 of scallions chopped.
- Prepare of Ingredients for sauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chili paste (optional).
- You need 1 teaspoon of corn starch.
My version of Thai Beef Basil I usually get from take-out. If you can find Thai Basil and Thai Chilies that would be great. Otherwise, I've used regular basil and serrano or jalapeno chilies instead. A quick, easy and tasty Thai style beef with plenty of fresh basil!
Thai Basil Beef instructions
- Mix ingredients for sauce and set aside.
- Add oil to wok or large pan over medium high heat.
- When oil is hot, add garlic, ginger, red pepper, and onion. Stir fry for 4 min.
- Turn stove to high heat and add ground beef. Break beef into small pieces.
- When beef is no longer pink, stir in sauce and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the basil and stir fry until the basil wilts..
- Top with scallions and enjoy over short grain white rice!.
Thai Basil Beef Stir Fry (or chicken) is a traditional Thai dish made with meat, Thai holy basil, garlic, Thai chili peppers, soy sauce, and sugar. Some versions also use oyster sauce. Basil Beef is a dish you'll find in many Thai restaurants. They also often have a chicken and/or shrimp version. These hearty Thai Basil Beef Bowls are no exception to that!