Instant pot beef barley soup. All Reviews for Instant Pot® Beef And Barley Soup. Instant Pot® Beef And Barley Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. A simple beef barley soup made in the instant pot (pressure cooker).
You don't want too big of chunks since this is a soup and you'll want to fit more on each spoonful than one hunk of meat. Next you'll use the saute function on your Instant Pot (or a large pot over medium-high heat). This hearty Beef Barley Soup is packed with nutrition, quick and easy to make in the instant pot, and perfect for lunch. You can have Instant pot beef barley soup using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant pot beef barley soup
- You need 2 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 lbs of cubed beef stew meat.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1 cup of diced white onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery sliced.
- It’s 2 cups of sliced carrots.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic minced.
- It’s 2 (32 oz) of cartons beef broth.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of can petite diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 packet of beef gravy mix.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder(I use turmeric twist).
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary minced.
- You need 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme minced.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of fresh parsley minced.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped kale (I use frozen).
- You need 2 cups of quick cooking barley.
How to Make Beef Barley Soup on the Stovetop. How to Make Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup. Let's get right to the nitty gritty though now shall we? But this Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup is also freezer-friendly, meaning you can throw it in the freezer in a.
Instant pot beef barley soup instructions
- On the Saute setting heat olive oil and butter till hot and add beef, salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix up..
- Add in onion, carrots, celery and minced garlic and continue to cook till beef is browned..
- Add in broth, tomatoes, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, packet of gravy mix, turmeric, rosemary,thyme and parsley..
- Stir up and place lid on move knob to seal..
- Press meat / stew for 35 minutes normal high-pressure..
- After 35 minutes turn knob to vent to release steam be careful as it will be really hot..
- Make sure button is down before opening lid..
- Stir in barley and kale and place lid back on and let sit for 10 minutes..
- Enjoy with some baguette bread slices..
Pressure Cooker Beef and Barley Soup. So, how many of you got an Instant Pot for Christmas?? I am still trying to figure mine out but what I have concluded is— the Instant Pot is not A few other great soups you may like are Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup, Hearty Beef Stew, and Easy Taco Soup. Instant Pot soup recipes are sure to become your go-to cool-weather dinner. Pin or Print the Instant Pot Beef Barley Soup recipe below.