Beef stroganoff. While this beef stroganoff recipe is the classic preparation usually associated with the dish, there are all kinds of fun new twists and streamlined time-savers to be found in Betty's best beef stroganoff. The most amazing Beef Stroganoff you will ever have! An easy beef stroganoff recipe with tender strips of beef and mushrooms cooked in sour cream and served over noodles.
This recipe uses nonfat sour cream to help cut down on the fat content. Beef stroganoff (also known as beef Stroganov) is a famous Russian dish of sauted onions and mushrooms with good portion of beef cuts. Count Stroganoff was a dignitary in the court of Alexander III. You can have Beef stroganoff using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef stroganoff
- Prepare 1 lb of beef cut into tin slices.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of beef stock.
- You need 1 package of sliced mushrooms.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion chives.
- You need 1 tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of fresh ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
Count Stroganoff's chef (who was likely French), created the dish and named it. Make a classic beef stroganoff with steak and mushrooms for a tasty midweek meal. Garnish with parsley and serve with pappardelle pasta or rice. Beef stroganoff is the original family favorite skillet meal.
Beef stroganoff step by step
- Cut the beef into tin pieces.
- In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat in a butter.
- After a few minutes while the beef is brown remove and separate it and set aside the beef sauce.
- Put a butter and saute the mushrooms, minced garlic, and minced onion to the skillet and let it cooked until the mushroom become slightly brown.
- Add the spices and sauté it for about 5 mins.
- Add the beef broth and the beef sauce that you set aside. Let it simmer until the beef if fully cooked.
- Once the beef is cooked add the whipping cream and mix it.
- Let it simmer for about 5 mins.
- Top with onion chives and enjoy.
Why should beef stroganoff come from a box. This delicious beef stroganoff recipe is made with lean beef, beef stock, sour cream, onion, and spices. Complete the meal with a veggie or salad. This traditional Beef Stroganoff recipe is adapted from A Taste of Russia: A Cookbook of Russian Hospitality by Darra Goldstein. Beef stroganoff is the ultimate comfort food.