Beef Bulgogi (불고기). Bulgogi, literally "fire meat", is a gui made of thin, marinated slices of beef or pork grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. It is also often stir-fried in a pan in home cooking. Sirloin, rib eye or brisket are frequently used cuts of beef for the dish.
Place the beef in a shallow dish. Bulgogi (불고기), also known as Korean BBQ beef, is marinated thinly sliced beef. While it can be made with other meats such as chicken (dak bulgogi) and pork (dweji bulgogi). You can have Beef Bulgogi (불고기) using 17 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Bulgogi (불고기)
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 6 tbsp of Japanese or Korean soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar (optional).
- It’s 1/2 of Korean nashi pear or 1 small red apple.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion (about 80 g).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need of Main.
- Prepare 1 kg of beef, sliced into thin (approx. 3 mm) slices.
- You need 1 of onion, sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 1 of carrot, julienned (optional).
- It’s 2 stalks of chopped scallions (optional).
Most authentic Bulgogi – Korean Beef BBQ recipe with honey and rice wine. Bulgogi – Authentic Korean Beef BBQ Recipe. Bulgogi (불고기) is a classic Korean preparation of beef or pork in which thinly shaved meat is marinated in a sweet and savory sauce, and grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle. Easiest way to get started with Korean food, try this Korean-style BBQ beef also known as bulgogi 불고기.
Beef Bulgogi (불고기) instructions
- Combine all marinade ingredients except the sesame oil in a blender. Puree until smooth. Pour marinade over beef and add sesame oil. Mix thoroughly, and let marinate for 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator..
- Set a skillet on medium high heat with both the vegetable and sesame oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the meat and vegetables for 3–5 minutes or until cooked to desired level of doneness. Toss in sesame seeds and give a quick stir..
- Serve with steamed rice and Korean side dishes (e.g. kimchi)..
Only few basic ingredients to make this at home. Korean Beef Bulgogi – A super easy recipe for Korean BBQ beef with the most flavorful marinade! Blend the marinade ingredients in a mixer or. Bulgogi (불고기), which literally means "fire meat" in Korean, is a popular Korean dish involving the grilling of thin slices of marinated prime beef. The beef slices are pre-marinated in a mixture of sugar.