Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes. While stew is cooking, bring potatoes to a boil in a large pot of salted water. I used a combo of beef and veggie broth instead of the chicken broth as it was what I had around. Everyone loves a steamy, hearty, comforting and savory stew in the winter time!
Hearty, slow cooked beef stew over fluffy mashed potatoes makes the perfect comfort food meal for chilly nights. Warm up with a big bowl this weekend! I'm convinced that at the end of every rainbow is a pot of beef stew. You can cook Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes
- It’s 1 lb of stew beef.
- Prepare 1 of large carrot diced.
- Prepare 1 of large celery stalk diced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 4 of minced clove garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 3 cup of beef broth.
- You need 2 tablespoon of balsamic.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomato.
- Prepare 1 can of cannelini beans.
- It’s 2 sprig of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Mashed potatoes.
A happy, dancing little leprechaun and a steaming hot cauldron of bubbly. View full nutritional breakdown of Beef Stew with mashed potatoes calories by ingredient. Brown the beef and onion in a medium-large pan. I don't consider myself an expert in the kitchen at all.
Tuscan Beef stew on mashed potatoes instructions
- Spray Dutch oven with oil and brown beef but not cooked entirely. Remove and set aside. Cook onion, celery, carrot until done and add garlic for one minute. Add tomato paste and cook one minute. Deglaze pan with balsamic. Add broth and tomatoes and scrape bottom of pan. Add everything else except beans and simmer covered for 40 minutes. Uncover, add beans and simmer 30 more minutes. Serve over potatoes..
While the stew cooks, add the potatoes to the pot of boiling water. Top with scoops of the mashed potatoes. Garnish with the parsley and remaining thyme. Easy Beef Stew with Mashed Potatoes. Garlic and Herb Crusted Sirloin Tip Roast.