Beef Kaldereta. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread. Some consider kaldereta as the Philippines most famous beef stew.
Beef Caldereta with beef cubes simmered to perfect tenderness in a spicy tomato sauce. Chockfull of potatoes, bell peppers, and green olives, this classic Filipino stew is hearty. Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. You can cook Beef Kaldereta using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef Kaldereta
- Prepare 2 lbs of beef cubed.
- Prepare 3 pieces of garlic cloves crushed and chopped.
- You need 1 piece of onion finely chopped.
- You need 2 cups of beef broth.
- You need 1 piece of red bell pepper sliced.
- You need 1 piece of green bell pepper sliced.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of liver spread processed using blender.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chili flake.
- Prepare 3 pieces of dried bay leaves.
- You need 2 cups of potatoes sliced.
- Prepare 2 cups of carrots sliced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of green olives.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
This spicy dish is commonly served on holidays and special occasions but believe me. Beef Kaldereta is a Filipino Beef Stew. It is prepared with a tomato-based sauce along with some vegetables. Carrots, potato, bell peppers are commonly used.
Beef Kaldereta step by step
- Heat the cooking oil in the cooking pot or pressure cooker..
- Sauté the onion and garlic..
- Add the beef. Cook for 5 minutes or until the color turns light brown..
- Add the dried bay leaves and crushed pepper. Stir..
- Add the liver spread. Stir..
- Pour-in the tomato sauce and beef broth..
- Cook the beef until it becomes tender (about 30 mins if using a pressure cooker, or 1 to 2 hours if using an ordinary pot)..
- Add potato and carrots. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes..
- Put the green olives and bell peppers in the cooking pot. Stir and continue to cook for 5 minutes more..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy.
Beef Caldereta is a Filipino Kaldereta Recipe that uses beef. Caldereta or Kaldereta is a classic filipino dish in which every filipino household has its own version in cooking this. Kaldereta or caldereta is a goat meat stew from the Philippines. Variations of the dish use beef, chicken, or pork. Commonly, the goat meat is stewed with vegetables and liver paste.