Pressure Cooker Beef Stew. This Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is a classic, old-fashioned recipe, based on a stovetop version my mom cooked for me growing up. This beef stew was made for us when we were just infants. Beef, carrots and potatoes taste like they simmered all day, but this is ready in about half an hour.
Serve immediately with pasta, rice, or just eat it as is. Optional step: For more texture, add. This savory and delicious pressure cooker beef stew has been adapted as an easy and super fast pressure cooker recipe that's hard to beat. You can cook Pressure Cooker Beef Stew using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Beef Stew
- You need 2 LBs of beef stew meet.
- It’s 1/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium celery stick.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- You need 3 cloves of fresh garlic.
- You need 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of cups water (or beef broth).
- It’s 2 1/2 Tbsp of beef bouillon.
- You need 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 lb of potatoes (cut into large chunks).
- You need 2 of large carrots.
- Prepare 2 of dried bay leaves.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of cold water.
Pressure Cooker American Beef Stew Recipe. Unraveling the mysteries of home cooking through science. With the aid of a countertop or stovetop pressure cooker, you can make incredibly satisfying and tasty beef stew, with tender beef and rich, browned flavors, in just about an. Pressure cooker beef stew is a delicious and easy recipe that cooks in minutes but tastes like it has simmered for hours.
Pressure Cooker Beef Stew step by step
- Combine 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, and 1/4 cup flour and coat beef with mixture..
- Saute beef in oil until browned (no need to cook all the way through) once browned set aside..
- In pan that browned meat cook celery, onion, tomato paste, garlic..
- Turn off saute setting, add 3 1/2 cups beef broth or water and 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce.
- Add browned meat back into instant pot, along with carrots and potatoes and bay leaves. combine well.
- Close lid, close vent, set to pressure cook on high for 35 minutes then let naturally release for 10 minutes then quick release.
- Remove lid and set to saute.
- Make corn starch slurry out of 1.5 Tbsp corn starch and 1.5 Tbsp cold water combine well then add into simmering beef stew.
- Stir well to thicken, turn off heat and serve.
You can buy meat marked "beef for stew", but that is usually of lower quality. Look for a nice piece of beef that is sold with good marbling and some fat, but not too much. Instant Pot beef stew is one pot dinner with fall apart beef and lots of veggies cooked in delicious gravy sauce. Like my Ukrainian grandma used to make. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew: This is a recipe I've been working on for a couple weeks – converting my standard beef stew recipe to work well in the pressure cooker.