My Beef Stew. Beef stew is a cold weather essential. Read on to get all the hot deets on this ultra-comforting stew. Wine adds a layer of rich complex flavor to your stew.
Beef stew is made thicker as it is fried, it keeps well in the fridge and can be stored in the freezer for What's in my stew. Nigerian pepper mix: This mix consist of tomatoes, scotch bonnet, onions. Beef stew without onions is unthinkable! You can have My Beef Stew using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Beef Stew
- You need 1-2 lb of beef stew meat.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 4-5 of garlic cloves, minced.
- It’s 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 3 of carrots peeled and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 2 of celery stalks, cut into bite sized pieces (optional).
- Prepare 1 lb of potatoes peeled cut into bite sized pieces.
- Prepare 3 cups of beef broth.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of red cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- You need 1/2 tsp of rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 cup of peas.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley (garnish).
- It’s of I used a bag of mixed vegetables in this today.
- You need Dash of crushed red pepper.
Made some on the side so people could The colorful vegetables make it appetizing looking for ordinary stew. I ll make my beef stew like this. Choose old fashioned, slow cooker and beef During cooler months discover some new beef stew recipes. Choose from traditional to beef stew.
My Beef Stew step by step
- In a shallow dish mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Coat the pieces of in the flour..
- In a large stockpot add the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat pieces and brown on all sides (the meat will continue cooking in the stew). Once the meat is brown remove it to a plate and set aside. Cook in batches to not crowd the pan..
- If you need to add additional butter or olive oil you can add more to saute the vegetables. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, and celery into the pot and cook until the vegetables start to caramelize or get slightly soft..
- Add in the beef broth, tomato paste, potatoes, Worcestershire sauce, red cooking wine, bay leaf, thyme and rosemary..
- Add the beef pieces back into the pot..
- Bring the stew to a boil over medium-high heat. Once it starts to boil then reduce the heat to low, cover the pot and cook for one hour to 90 minutes or until the beef is tender..
- Mix the cornstarch and water together and slowly stir into the beef stew to thicken the sauce. Cook for 10-15 minutes with the lid off stirring occasionally as it thickens..
- Remove the bay leaf..
- Add the peas to the stew the last 5-10 minutes while it is thickening and before serving so they don’t get mushy..
- Garnish with parsley and Enjoy!.
Beef stew is one of the most comforting and rich foods I can think of to have on a cold night. But I'll toot my own stew horn and say that this is damn fine grub when eaten immediately, too. I like my beef stew a little more soupy, and I didn't want to waste any tomato paste so I used the This is the best beef stew I have made. I used the slow cooker and did not add any liquid, I think that is. Perhaps December is the best month to enjoy this stew with our wetter days and slightly cooler nights.