Milk bread. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the ingredients in the This Asian milk bread recipe is a triumph. For months, we have searched and tested finally have a perfect. The softest, & milkiest Japanese milk bread, that will make the best sandwiches or dinner rolls!
Milk bread is a Japanese style white bread that is incredibly soft, white, fluffy, and shredable. It has crusts that are soft and thin and the insides are milky-sweet with a feather lightness that melts in your. Every milk bread recipe I have ever made has used either milk or cream. You can cook Milk bread using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk bread
- You need 375 g of APF (3 cups) + extra for dusting.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 TBS of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of instant yeast.
- You need 2 TBS of melted margarine.
- Prepare 1 c of warm milk.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 2 TBS of oil for greasing.
I'm assuming that boozehound's response was trying to be sarcastic and didn't quite. Milk bread (also known as Hokkaido milk bread) is a lightly-sweetened Japanese white bread that's incredibly soft and fluffy. Think of it as the lighter, more buttery, and more flavorful version of your. Soft, pillowy bread rolls made using a special Japanese technique.
Milk bread instructions
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, sugar and yeast..
- Add melted butter and mix well. Slowly add the milk while mixing to make a firm dough.
- Knead the dough well, about 7-10mins. Apply a tablespoon of oil and cover. Let it rise for one hour.
- Punch down the dough. Knead for a minute..
- Grease your baking tin with the other tablespoon of oil. Put your dough in and let it rise again another 30 mins..
- Preheat your oven and bake for 20mins. I used a jiko to bake.
The soy milk bread was wonderful! Since soy milk is thicker and slightly sweet, it carried over to the bread. Milk Bread is a light Asian style bread that is popular in Korea. Tangzhong makes this extra moist and yummy. Can be made with non-instant OR instant yeast.