Cajun Country Goat Milk Gravy. Gradually stir in milk so that no lumps form, and continue cooking and stirring until thickened. If the gravy becomes too thick, you may thin it with a little more milk. This gravy most certainly taste better when you are using grease from bacon or sausage you have just fried.
Wren is a sweet goat, but a complete handful to milk. She basically resembles an Irish step dancer bouncing all over the stand when I milk her. Hi there, my name is Tracy and I am a city girl gone country. You can have Cajun Country Goat Milk Gravy using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cajun Country Goat Milk Gravy
- Prepare of Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 of tablespoons of salted butter.
- You need 2 of tablespoons of AP flour.
- You need 1 of cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1 of cup of fresh Nubian goat milk.
- Prepare 6 of ounces thinly sliced smoked deli ham, julienned.
- It’s 1 of (3 ounce) can of sliced mushrooms, drained.
- You need 1 of (10 ounce) can of Rotel (milder) tomatoes & chilies, drained.
- Prepare 2 of teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 of teaspoon of salt.
I am a redneck frugal living goat owner and I am working everyday towards living a more. Goat is an amazing; it's a very sustainable way to get milk at your home. Drinking goat's milk might seem like a no brainer, but for some, maybe not. Just so you know, goat's milk is not only edible but it is also better for you.
Cajun Country Goat Milk Gravy step by step
- In a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, make a blonde roux by melting the butter in the skillet and then mixing in the flour. Stir the paste around until it is turns light tan in color. This process should take about 4 to 5 minutes..
- Add the ham and mushrooms. Stir and toss for about 3 minutes, allowing the roux to coat them..
- Add the chicken stock. Stir until the stock and the roux form a thin paste..
- Add the black pepper, salt, Worcestershire sauce, and continue stirring for another 3 minutes..
- Add in the goat milk, Rotel tomatoes & chilies and stir 5 more minutes. You can adjust the gravy consistency by adding a little more chicken stock if necessary..
- Serve over your favorite biscuits..
Goat's milk is more easily digested and less likely to cause irritability. The digestibility of goat milk can be attributed to its casein curd, which is both softer You can find goat milk ice cream in health food stores and some grocery stores. Â Weâ€™ve tried Laloo's goatâ€™s milk ice cream which comes in. While goat milk seems like a quirky choice to some, it's actually the most popular milk worldwide, and it has been for centuries. Goats produce a unique, healthy milk with a number of benefits for your body and for the environment. And goats are simply charming, fun-loving animals that are a joy to be around.