Kalakand / Milk burfi. So there is an easy way to do things and there is a not-so-easy way! Kalakand recipe is one of the most famous indian sweet. To made with milk, sugar &some dry fruits.
When is Kalakand Milk Burfi made? Mostly made on Janmashtami (Lord Krishna's birth), Durga puja, Raksha Bandhan. Kalakand is a popular Indian sweet made by reducing milk and sugar. You can cook Kalakand / Milk burfi using 6 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kalakand / Milk burfi
- It’s 1 litre of milk.
- You need 2 tsps of lime juice.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dry fruit powder.
- You need 2 tsps of butter clarified.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of almond chopped.
- Prepare 7 ounces of condense milk sweetened.
This soft set burfi is widely sold in sweet stalls and is. My tummy was carving for some sweets and wished to try some interesting and simple sweet with milk, as Rk is a great lover of milk sweets decided to do this. Gluten free with easy to find pantry ingredients, this dessert is perfect to bring some sweetness in festive season. Kalakand (milk burfi) is an Indian milk fudge also known as Indian milk cakes.
Kalakand / Milk burfi step by step
- Use non stick pan and pour milk.
- Boil milk and stir it occasionally.
- Add 1 tsp lemon juice and stir it continuously for 30 seconds,the milk should begin to curdle.
- Add remaining lemon juice and stir continuously, the curds should be completely separated and the liquid should look yellow and watery.
- Set a strainer over a mixing bowl and line it with straining cloth. Carefully scoop or pour the curds into the strainer, letting the whey collect in the bowl beneath..
- Gather the cheesecloth in your hand and gently squeeze to remove the excess whey..
- Paneer is ready, keep it aside for 5-10 minutes and let it cool down.
- Take a non stick pan, add clarified butter and keep it on medium flame.
- Add paneer and mix it, keep mashing big pieces with spatula.
- Cook it for 4 minutes and add condensed milk, dry fruit powder.
- Stir it continuously till kalakand gets thick, approximately you need to cook it for 5 minutes.
- Take it on a plate and give it square shape.
- Garnish it with chopped almonds and press it a bit on the top.
- Let it cool down on room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Kalakand is ready. You can store it in fridge for 3-4 days in air tight container.
This sweet is soft Step by step kalakand with ricotta cheese. In a microwave safe dish, pour condensed milk. Kalakand(milk burfi) is one of the popular Indian Milk sweet, can do this in two ways, one is fresh paneer with powdered sugar n powdered milk r else with sweetened milk.another one is with ricotta. Using a fork, mash cottage cheese to a rough paste, then combine with milk powder. Slowly stir in condensed milk until combined.