Creamy Milk Gravy. The gravy is a simple milk-based white gravy you make with your dredging flour. Spoon the delicious gravy over the steak and mashed potatoes. Learn how to make a Creamy Mushroom Meatloaf Recipe!
Slowly add the milk, and whisk to incorporate. Gravy will thicken, add in the additional milk if you want a thinner gravy. See more ideas about Milk gravy, Gravy recipes, Cooking recipes. You can have Creamy Milk Gravy using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Milk Gravy
- It’s 1/4 cup of sausage, bacon, drippings.
- It’s 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of room temp or slightly heated milk..
- It’s 2 tbsp of melted butter.
- You need of salt and pepper.
This is the best gravy I have ever tried. One of the family members was reading Paula Deen's book and this. I've started a cooking blog (www.cookingwithkeri.com) and i thought it might be fun to start making little how-to videos for it. 🙂 I apologize for the poor. Creamy Country Mushroom Gravy. by: jesseclark.
Creamy Milk Gravy instructions
- Heat on medium, the grease of your choice in a heavy skillet, such as iron skillet or deep sided skillet of your choice..
- Add the flour slowly and whisk until all the lumps have gone. Cook on medium heat about 3-4 minutes to remove the raw flour taste..
- I usually don't cook to brown mine, but cook to color of your liking.
- Add the butter,salt and pepper and mix well. If using salt, taste before adding because some greases are salty and you may not need. Just a matter of taste you prefer..
- Slowly add the warm milk stirring constantly to keep from lumping up. Stir until smooth and lump free if any..
- Turn heat to medium high to bring to slight boil. Reduce heat to simmer, stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth. If you like thinner gravy, you can add more milk if desired..
- I serve mine over potatoes, pork chops, biscuits, country fried steak etc.. Whatever you like gravy on :).
Once added to the roux, milk makes homemade gravy light in color and creamy. Buttermilk Biscuits and Sausage Cream Gravy. Biscuits and gravy is a classic diner breakfast that's easy to make at home. The key to fluffy buttermilk biscuits is keeping all the ingredients as cold as. Milk Gravy is a very easy-to-make gravy recipe that will drive most men crazy!