Minute Steak & Milk Gravy. Browse Our Collection Of Simple Steak Recipes and Prepare Yummy Meals! Minute steak is a thinly cut and pounded piece of beef, usually cut from the sirloin or round steak. Minute steaks are thin and cook very quickly, giving them their name.
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic salt and pepper. Add steaks, one at a time, and shake to coat. DIRECTIONS Brown the cubed steaks in skillet, then drain fat. You can cook Minute Steak & Milk Gravy using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Minute Steak & Milk Gravy
- It’s 1 of minute steaks.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of milk.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable oil.
Add all the ingredients, mix well then cover. The term "minute steak" is a generic phrase that covers pretty much any very thin cut of beef, and it gets its name from how quickly it cooks. Most people are able to bring this sort of steak from the butcher to the table in only a matter of minutes. You can pan-fry or braise minute steaks on the stove or roast them on the grill.
Minute Steak & Milk Gravy instructions
- Put just enough oil to cover the bottom of your frying pan and heat.
- Put some flour in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
- Coat the steaks in the flour mix.
- Now fry those bad boys up. Cook both side until done. Take out set aside.
- Now add some flour to the pan. Bout 1/2 cup. And brown at low heat..
- Now add milk a little at a time and whisk until you get the thickness you like. If it gets to thin add some more flour, to thick add more milk..
- Once gravy is to your liking add the steaks back and serve..
Follow these steps to cook this lean cut of beef to get it juicy and tender. The Best Ways to Make Minute Steak Livestrong.com Dust the steaks with the flour. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cube steak, sometimes labeled as cubed steak or minute steak, is an inexpensive, flavorful cut of beef that's pre-tenderized.