Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup. Sourdough Pancakes (Using Leftover Sourdough Starter Discard). All Reviews for Kamut® and Coconut Milk Pancakes. this was a little different but it tasted good. It reminded me of oatmeal pancakes a little heavier and kinda grainy but served with syrup or jam and YUM!
These pancakes are not so sweet so that you can adjust the sweetness to your taste by drizzling them with maple syrup, agave. Almond Butter Pancakes (no flour needed). Oatmeal Pancakes (made with rolled oats). You can have Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup
- Prepare 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 1 cup of organic freshly milled Kamut flour.
- It’s 1/2 Tsp of turbinado sugar.
- It’s 1 of smidgen of sea salt.
- Prepare of ~1/2 cup almond milk (adjust more or less to your desired pancake consistence).
- You need 1 tsp of Rumfords baking powder.
The pancakes cook up just as well using almond meal which is made using whole almonds with their I dry my almond meal from making almond milk by spreading it out on parchment paper on a baking. My husband loves pancakes on the weekend. I needed a recipe that wasn't over the top In separate bowl, mix together Almond milk, oil, vanilla and eggs. Add flour mixture to egg mixture Cook on a griddle over medium heat.
Sourdough Kamut pancake with butter almond milk syrup instructions
- Mix all wet ingredients with all dry ingredients in a large cup. allow the mixture to ferment 8 hours to overnight.
- Right before making pancake, in a separate cup, add 1/2 tsp of Rumfords baking powder to every 6 oz of sourdough pancake batter. In this way, you can cook as little as one serving (2 small pancakes). Rest of the batter can be refrigerated and cook in another time..
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet on stove at high heat. Melt about 1/2 Tsp of butter before pouring in about 3 oz of batter into the hot pan. Turn down the heat to medium and cook for about 30 seconds or longer until you see your pancake doubled in height. Add fresh or dried berries as you wish.
- Using a metal spatula, flip your pancake over and cook the other side for another 15 seconds..
- For making the butter almond milk syrup per serving, add 1 Tsp of butter in the same hot pan. Immediately pour in 1/2 cup of almond milk, 1 tsp of sugar or more as you desire. Cook until bubbling and liquid reduce to half. Finally drop in a dash of baking soda before the syrup rise up in huge bubbles. Quickly drizzle them on your hot pancakes and serve right away.
They will be light in color. Sourdough pancakes are soft and fluffy with a hint of tanginess from the sourdough starter. The batter needs to sit overnight, so plan ahead. Serve these sourdough pancakes with some fresh berries and real maple syrup, or top them with powdered sugar, butter, or a fruit syrup. This homemade pancake syrup is so buttery, smooth, rich and delicious!