Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread). Fluffy Asian Milk Bread Recipe (Hokkaido Milk Bread) Asian Recipes. Японский Суфле Чизкейк [Супер Пушистый И Покачивающийся] Japanese Souffle Cheesecake. This Japanese milk bread is the softest, lightest & fluffiest bread ever.
Learn step by step how to make the perfect milk bread loaf. It's the best sandwich bread I've made and eaten. As the name suggests, this bread originates from Japan. You can cook Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) using 14 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread)
- It’s of For the starter:.
- It’s 1/3 cup of bread flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of For the dough:.
- It’s 3 cups of bread flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 1/4 teaspoons of rapid rise yeast.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of softened butter.
- You need 1 of egg room temp.
- You need 1/2 cup of warmed milk.
- It’s of Milk for brushing on top before baking.
- It’s of Melted butter to brush on top after cooking.
Hokkaido Milk Bread – Light and fluffy Japanese bread that is easy to make! This milk bread is perfect for breakfast with a bit of butter! Milk bread (or shokupan) is a Japanese bread made from a Tangzhong base. It is a very light and fluffy bread with a springy texture that is lightly sweetened. » Японский молочный хлеб Хоккайдо – Hokkaido Milk Loaf (+ МК по формированию). Видеорецепты по теме. Хлеб с розмарином и имбирем.
Hokkaido (Japanese Milk Bread) step by step
- In small sauce pan, combine all ingredients for the starter. Whisk until smooth..
- On medium heat, cook until thickened. Spoon should leave trail on bottom of pan..
- Remove from heat and place in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and push down so wrap sits on top of starter. This prevents skin from forming..
- Mix flour, sugar, yeast half the starter mixtureand salt. Stir until combined..
- In stand mixer bowl with doughhook attatched, add flour mixture, butter, egg and milk..
- Mix on low speed until dough is sticky but pulls away from sides and doesnt stick to hands..
- You may have to add some flour if it appears to loose..
- In bowl, grease tops and sides of dough..
- Cover with towel and let rise until doubled in size..
- Punch down. Divide dough into rolls or loaves. Can even use for cinnamon buns..
- Place in greased pan and let rise again..
- Brush tops with milk..
- Bake at 350 until golden brown..
- If browning to fast, cover withfoil until bread is cooked completely..
- Serve hot. This bread stays soft for days in wrap..
- I made 5 mini loaves and one pan of rolls from this recipe :).
- The starter you have left you can make another batch with or recipe can be doubled to use all of the starter..
I LOVE all kinds of bread: baguette, croissant, Chinese steamed buns, and this Hokkaido milk bread. This Japanese sweet bread is a staple in Asian bakeries. You might find it made in different shapes (square, mountain shape, rolls, etc), but it's all derived from one recipe. Hokkaido Milk Bread (Soft, Fluffy Asian Bread). The ultimate soft, fluffy, Asian-style bread with tender-but-chewy texture…it seems impossible to recreate at home but as I will show you, it is so easy!