Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan. Milk pudding ( Layalee Lubnan ). This is the title of a famous song (with Chris de Burgh and Place a few tablespoons of ashta on top of the muhallabiyeh. Slice a banana and place the slices around the cream.
Traditionally, this dessert is served topped with cream or ashta (thick clotted cream) and crushed or ground pistachios, but additional toppings may include other nuts and sliced fruit such as bananas or strawberries, while. This layali lubnan recipe includes the requisite semolina, flower waters, and pistachios, but I've changed things up and added dried cranberries And, of course, I've used plant-based nondairy milk in the semolina pudding and I've replaced the traditional thick dairy cream topping (called ashta). Lebanese Nights Recipe aka 'Layali Lubnan' is an easy-to-make, amazingly aromatic You can serve Layali Lubnan in small cups/shots or you can lay the pudding in a tray as shown in the Whipped cream is known to lose volume after a few hours. You can cook Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan
- You need 4 cups of milk.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of orange blossom water.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of rose water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of mastic gum, crushed with 1 teaspoon sugar.
- It’s of – For the ashta cream: prepare ahead of time.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 2 cups of whipping cream.
- Prepare 6 slices of American-style white bread.
- You need 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, dissolved in ½ cup water.
- It’s of – For the sugar syrup:.
- It’s 2 1/2 cups of sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of orange blossom water.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of rose water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- You need of – For garnishing:.
- You need 1/2 cup of ground pistachios.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pine nuts.
- You need 1/4 cup of almonds.
- You need 2 of bananas cut in round slices.
Lebanese Nights Dessert Recipe – Layali Lubnan. Layali Lubnan or Lebanese Nights is a popular semolina based pudding of the Middle East and is made in a few different ways. I am not sure if it has been evident with my food trials, so let me state the fact – I love Lebanese cuisine. Lebanese Nights is an amazingly aromatic dessert that is simple and.
Milk pudding with ashta cream and bananas – layali lubnan step by step
- To prepare the sugar syrup, put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Leave to boil then add the lemon juice and keep on medium heat for 10 minutes until the syrup thickens. Add the orange blossom water and rose water. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl..
- In a non-sticky or stainless steel pot, put together the milk, sugar, dissolved starch and a dash of salt. Put on medium heat and stir continuously until the mixture thickens..
- Turn off the heat. Add the rose water, orange blossom water and mastic gum..
- Pour in a serving container and leave it to cool. Place in the refrigerator for a minimum of 2 hr before serving..
- To prepare the ashta cream: Cut off the edges of the bread. Discard. Cut in dices the soft white part. Place the bread dices in a saucepan and pour the milk and whipping cream over them. Let the bread dices soak in the milk and cream mixture for at least 2 hr in the refrigerator. Put the saucepan on medium heat and, with a wooden spoon, start stirring the bread and milk mixture. Once the milk starts heating, add the water-dissolved cornstarch. Continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Once d.
- Immediately before serving, spread the ashta cream over the Layali lubnan. Sprinkle with pistachios, almonds and pine nuts. At the end, add the banana slices and pour the sugar syrup on top of it all..
- Note: You can serve the layali lubnan with honey instead of sugar syrup..
- Note: You can find the recipe 'Ashta cream' listed under my profile..
A new dessert we are really excited about, very easy to make and simply delicious. Layali Lubnan (Semolina Pudding) is a Lebanese dessert and this is our little attempt to make it. Do give it a try and let us know about your experience in comments below. Layali Lubnan is a Lebanese dessert, it's full of aroma to give you the prefect refreshing feel in this Layali lubnan:- Milk Sugar Semolina Cream cheese Cornflour Rose essence Water #layalilubnan #layali_lubnan. Layali Lubnan recipes Labanesenights Semolina Pudding.