Pain au lait (French Milk Bread). Hello and Welcome to Universality Cuisine. No need to travel to France to enjoy a good " Pain au Lait". This is the easiest recipe you can use to make your.
For plain pains au lait, shape the dough into a long roll that will fit in the cavities of a Flexipan long brioche silicone mould. These french milk bread rolls are pleasantly soft and spongy and an absolute delight to devour. Traditionally studded with pearl sugar, these rolls are meant to be had at breakfast or with chilled milk. You can cook Pain au lait (French Milk Bread) using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pain au lait (French Milk Bread)
- You need of A. Bread.
- You need 230 g of all purpose flour.
- You need 60 g of bread flour.
- You need 125 g of whole milk.
- Prepare 40 g of sugar.
- It’s 4 g of instant yeast.
- Prepare 3 g of salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg (50g).
- Prepare 65 g of unsalted butter.
- You need of B. Topping.
- It’s 30 g of pearl sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg +15ml water.
Petit Pains au Lait are soft french milk bread rolls that can be served at any time of the day. I love to make these small French bread rolls, enriched with milk. I let my bread machine do the hard work, and fashion the small loaves, with the precious help of my children, before baking them until golden in the oven. French blue cheese Roquefort, made from sheep milk in caves of Roquefort-sur-Soulzon and glas with red wine.
Pain au lait (French Milk Bread) instructions
- In a mixing bowl, mixed all the ingredients (exept butter) together. Use a spoon to slightly stir it until it form a sticky dough. Use the dough hook in the machine to beat the dough at medium to low speed for about 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add butter change from medium to high speed for about 7 minutes until the dough is smooth and leaves the side of the mixing bowl..
- Transfer the dough out to a lightly floured surface. Lightly knead Lightly knead, shape into a ball. Cover the dough with a wet towel or clingy wrap in the process of proofing..
- Let it proof 30 minutes..
- Divide into 6-8 equal portions. Cover by clingy wrap and rest 10’..
- Roll the dough into a long cylindrical shape. Transfer the dough to the baking tray and and let it proof until it is double to triple in size (about 60’)..
- Preheat the oven to 210oC. Prepare 2 cups of boiling water to be put in 2 different corner of the oven..
- Once the proofing is done, brush the dough with egg wash and use scizzor to make zigzag cut..
- Sprinkle pearl sugar on top..
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the bread is golden brown..
- Ta da….
- So soft inside!.
- Best served with a cup of milk coffee..
- Lovely bread!.
Funny dog ginger french bulldog hold a milk shake in a glass and show a sign approx.. Classic Bread Baking aren't as rich as brioche since there are no eggs, but there's enough butter and milk to add buttery flavor and a slight yellow color. [Photograph: Donna Currie]. It's hard to resist a bun recipe with honey, milk, and butter. These pain au lait buns from The Fundamental Techniques. Leave them to cool for a few minutes, but they are best eaten.