Shredded Beef for Tacos/Burritos. From Shredded Chicken Tacos to Pulled Chicken Nachos, Shredded Beef Ragu Pasta and Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken and Rice Burritos – freezer friendly! Quesadillas – switch out one of the fillings for this beef. Beef Enchiladas – skip the ground beef/mince filling and spices, just use this beef instead.
This recipe also works well with pork. Place onion in slow cooker and top with beef roast. In a small bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and pour over beef roast. You can cook Shredded Beef for Tacos/Burritos using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shredded Beef for Tacos/Burritos
- Prepare 1/2 kg of beef (I used beef forequarter).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander seed.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin seed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Beef simmers in a slow cooker with onion and taco seasoning for a meat filling you can serve in tacos, burritos, taquitos, or whatever other use you can imagine for it. Serve this meat in tacos, burritos, taquitos, or get creative. Garnish with all your favorite toppings. Tired of using ground beef to fill your tacos and burritos?
Shredded Beef for Tacos/Burritos step by step
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper..
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium heat and brown the beef on all sides, about eight minutes..
- Add all the dry spices, wine, water, and lime juice. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low and let simmer for 2–3 hours or until the meat is tender enough to shred..
- Shred the beef with two forks..
- Serve wrapped in a tortilla along with favourite taco/burrito fillings..
This recipe will make you a believer. This Shredded Beef Filling is great for tacos, burritos, and taquitos. It makes a mean sandwich, too. Best of all, it cooks up easily in the slow cooker. Shredded Beef is one of our favorite fillings for all sorts for sandwiches as well as Mexican dishes.