Crockpot Beef Ragu. Keywords: beef ragu, crockpot recipe, polenta recipe, beef and polenta. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. Upgrade your go-to spaghetti and meatballs and try this Crock-Pot beef ragu recipe instead!
This rustic Italian Beef Ragu requires minimum skill or effort as it is made easily in a slow cooker. Use it with spaghetti or in lasagna and freeze the rest! I am going to admit openly that I am not a big fan of crock pots. You can have Crockpot Beef Ragu using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crockpot Beef Ragu
- You need 1 of large pack ground beef.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red wine.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of green pepper, chopped.
- It’s 10 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 can (28 ounce) of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can (14.5 ounce) of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oregano.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of basil leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 box (16 ounce) of pasta.
- It’s of Salt for boiling water.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese for topping.
I don't use mine very often, mostly because I enjoy. Crockpot Beef Ragu is truly the perfect dinner solution. All it has done in the last week or so is rain! Weather like this makes me just want to stay home!
Crockpot Beef Ragu step by step
- Sauté ground beef in a large pot until browned, drain any fat…….
- Add your 1/2 cup red wine and simmer beef until wine has reduced, about 5 – 10 minutes…….
- Remove ground beef from pot and place in your crockpot……..
- Add to ground beef : onion, green pepper, garlic, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, black pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning and basil leaves, stir well……
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, stirring occasionally…..
- Meanwhile boil pasta, and don’t forget to add salt to the boiling water !!!.
- When pasta is done place into serving bowls…….
- Stir beef Ragu one more time, then add the heavy cream and mix all well…….
- Serve a heaping portion of beef on top of cooked pasta, then add Parmesan cheese on top…….
- Serve and enjoy 😉!.
Classic Italian beef ragu with shredded beef. Easy to prepare, cooked long and slow to get an incredible depth of flavour for a rich luscious sauce. Add remaining Ragu ingredients and return the beef to the pot (including pooled juices). Turn the stove up and bring it to a. I like to serve this Crock Pot Shredded Beef Ragu with spaghetti but it is more commonly served with rigatoni or pappardelle because the shreds of beef "cling" better to the pasta.