Potato and Ground Beef Skillet. Final Ground Beef and Potatoes Recipe Notes. The recipe mentions using paper towels to blot excess grease with fattier cuts of ground beef, but you might want to do this regardless to make serving a bit easier. There's meant to be a small amount of moisture remaining in the bottom of the skillet.
Remove potatoes from the skillet and keep warm. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. Peel potatoes, rinse and cut into thin slices. You can have Potato and Ground Beef Skillet using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato and Ground Beef Skillet
- Prepare 1-1/2 pound of potatoes.
- It’s As needed of water to boil potatoes.
- It’s 1-1/3 pound of ground sirloin.
- You need 1 of large onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt.
- It’s To taste of pink Himalayan salt.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- You need 2/3 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1-1/2 pints of beef broth.
- It’s 1/3 cup of flour.
Break up the meat as it cooks. Meat is done when it is no Add potato slices and drained canned corn to skillet. Cover with water and stir in ranch salad dressing. Turn heat on the medium-high, cover and.
Potato and Ground Beef Skillet instructions
- Peel, wash, and slice the potatoes thin, about 1/4 inch thick. Add the water to just covering. Bring to a boil and allow to boil 3 minutes. Then cover and let sit in the hot water till needed to spoon over to the beef..
- Dice the onions in the olive oil and sauté for 5 minutes and add the seasoned salt..
- Add the beef and the rest of the seasonings. When browned add the flour. Blend in till all is incorporated. Cook 6 minutes..
- Add the potatoes use a slotted spoon and stir in. This will allow a bit of the potato water and all it's starchy goodness to thicken just a bit, then simmer 10 minutes, it will thicken. Keep checking the doneness of the potatoes. You don't want to overcook them..
- When the potatoes are at the doneness needed turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream. Let rest 12 minutes. Taste and adjust salt. Potatoes and sour cream always bland..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
GROUND BEEF: Any kind of ground beef will work. Ground turkey is an acceptable substitute. It's more of a last-minute recipe-best eaten immediately. How to layer Ground Beef Skillet with Potatoes and Bacon. Sweet potatoes, ground beef, bell peppers, garlic, onion and southwestern spices all perfectly sautéed together in one skillet.