Vegetable Beef Soup. This Vegetable Beef Soup is the perfect way to use up all those summer veggies! It's perfectly hearty and filling thanks to the abundance of vegetables and the tender chunks of beef. So many beef soups are watery and dull.
This vegetable beef soup is made with tender chunks of beef, plenty of vegetables and potatoes, all simmered in a tomato broth. A hearty one pot meal that's perfect for a cold night! Actually, I have already shared quite a bit of the deliciousness from my freezer with friends. You can have Vegetable Beef Soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetable Beef Soup
- Prepare 1 lb of stew beef.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 3 stalks of celery.
- It’s 3 of small carrots, chopped.
- You need 3 of white potatoes, small diced.
- It’s 3 ears of corn, cut off cob.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen baby Lima beans.
- You need 1 of small can lesueur peas.
- It’s 1 can of green beans.
- It’s 1 can of petite diced tomatoes.
- You need 24 of oz's V8 juice.
- It’s to taste of Salt and Pepper.
On a whim I decided to cook vegetable soup. Having never made vegetable soup I was a little leery especially since my husband. This Hearty, Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup has an incredibly rich broth and is loaded with tender chunks of beef and all the right veggies! -** This homemade vegetable beef soup is super easy to make, so hearty and filling. Find out how to make this on a stovetop or slow cooker!
Vegetable Beef Soup instructions
- Cut stew beef into bite sized cubes. Brown in saute pan and transfer to a large stock pot..
- Add carrots, celery and onions to saute pan and cook until tender. Transfer to stock pot with beef..
- Add just enough water to cover and simmer until beef is tender. Keep an eye on the water level and add more if necessary..
- Add potatoes, corn and lima beans to stock pot. Add additional water to cover. Cook over medium heat until potatoes start to get tender..
- Add remaining ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Enjoy!.
- NOTE: Beef and vegetables can be browned in the stock pot. I just prefer the saute pan. NOTE: One pound of ground beef can be substituted for beef stew with the same delicious results..
Home » Main Courses » Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup. For this Instant Pot beef vegetable soup, you can literally use whatever vegetables you like. There are really no rules, and they will all probably work. The only ones I would say are a must are onions. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Soup recipes, Recipes.