Beef Pad See Ew. Pad See Ew – the popular Thai stir fried noodles straight from the streets of Thailand made at home! Pad See Ew, which means "stir fried soy sauce noodles, is an extremely popular Thai street food meal and probably the most popular noodle dish at Thai restaurants in Western countries. Pad See Ew is similar to the Chinese Beef Chow Ho Fun.
It typically uses Chinese broccoli, a dark leafy green vegetable that has a stronger and slightly more bitter flavor than the common broccoli. Combined with slightly sweet mirin and spicy birdseye chilis, this quick and. Pad See Ew is one of my teenage daughter's favorite dishes so I have set out to learn how to make it. You can have Beef Pad See Ew using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Pad See Ew
- You need 300 gr of fresh rice noodles, soak in warm water, loosen the noodles with hands, make sure they’re not stuck together, drained well.
- Prepare 150 gr of beef tenderloin, sliced.
- You need 150 gr of broccoli, cut, put into boiling water for 1 minute, drained, set aside.
- You need 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 2 of eggs, beaten.
- It’s 2 stalks of green onions, diagonally sliced.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- You need of For the sauce:.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of sweet soy sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fish sauce.
- You need 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
I used this recipe as a jumping off point following it mainly for the ingredient proportions. Instead of beef I used chicken and gai lan instead of broccoli. Thai classic Pad See Ew is wonderfully chewy rice noodles and tender hunks of beef in all their glory. [email protected] Beef Pad See Ew is one of those takeout dishes that I'll very often get a craving for, but where I get mine, even though it tastes absolutely fantastic, I find that it tends to be extremely oily and to me that is a huge turnoff.
Beef Pad See Ew instructions
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Add the beaten eggs. Gently scramble the eggs, remove from the wok, and set aside..
- Heat the rest of the vegetable oil in a wok over medium high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant..
- Add beef. Cook until it changes color..
- Add rice noodles and broccoli. Stir well..
- Add sauce ingredients, salt, and white pepper powder. Mix well. Test the taste..
- Add scrambled eggs..
- Remove from the heat. Place it on the serving plate. Sprinkle with green onions. Serve warm. Yum! 😋.
I never was a fan of that "slippery" feeling that oily food leaves on my lips. Join me, Jorge Beltran, on a wonderful journey to recreating a classic Thai dish: Beef Pad See Ew with Gailan (Chinese Broccoli). Pad see ew is a Chinese-influenced stir fried noodle dish that is commonly eaten in Thailand. It is also quite popular in Thai restaurants around the world. The name of the dish translates to "fried (with) soy sauce" and it is very similar to the char kway teow of Malaysia. pad see ew is normally stir fried dry.