Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew. This Chinese Beef Brisket Stew with Beef Tendon & Daikon (Chinese: 柱侯蘿蔔牛筋腩) is yet another classic Cantonese favorite! It's not only a staple Uncooked: If you bought uncooked beef tendons, pressure cook the beef tendons with a cup of cold water in Instant Pot Pressure Cooker at High. Beef brisket, beef tendon, and daikon are pressured cooked in spices and seasonings.
This is a great winter stew-type dish. See recipes for Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew too. These delicious Chinese-style ribs are made in a pressure cooker for quicker results. You can cook Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew
- You need 2-3 lbs of beef short ribs.
- You need 1 lb of beef tendon.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of oil.
- You need 3 of shallots, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 5 of spring onions.
- It’s 4 inch of ginger, peeled & sliced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of shaoxing wine.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of chu hou paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- You need 2 tsp of oyster sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 3 of whole star anise.
- You need 5 inches of orange peel.
- You need 1.5 lbs of daikon, peeled and cubed.
- You need 3 of parsnips, peeled and cubed.
- It’s 5 oz of shitake, sliced.
- You need 1 can of baby corn.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of water.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of corn starch.
Reviews for: Photos of My World Famous Pressure Cooker Chinese Ribs. Chinese beef stew recipe (柱侯蘿蔔炆牛腩) is the Cantonese style cuisine by serve with noodles and rice. The most suitable cuts for this Chinese beef stew is the beef brisket and tendon. Pressure cooked in savory Japanese seasonings, this Japanese Beef Tendon Stew (Gyusuji Nikomi) is flavorful and super tender and melts in your mouth.
Pressure Cooker Chinese Beef Rib and Tendon Stew instructions
- Place the beef tendon in the pressure cooker and add 1 cup water. Pressure cook on high pressure for 1 hour and 15 min and natural pressure release..
- While the tendon is cooking, prepare the other ingredients..
- Lay the short ribs out on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper..
- Separate the green from the white parts of the spring onion. Add the white parts to a small bowl and then prep the garlic, shallot and ginger into the bowl..
- Peel and cube the daikon and parsnips, and rough slice the shitake and add to a large bowl..
- In a small dish add the chu hou paste, soy sauces, oyster sauce, sugar, star anise and orange peel..
- When the tendon is done cooking, pour the cooking liquid out, and rinse the tendon under cool water. Cut the tendon into bite size pieces..
- Preheat the oven broiler to high. Broil the short ribs for 5 minutes until they are seared and browning..
- In the cleaned out pressure cooker heat the oil with the saute function. Add the onions, shallot, garlic and ginger. Cook until they begin to brown and stick to the bottom of the pan and then add the shaoxing wine..
- After the shaoxing has deglaze the bottom of the pan, add the stock and the chu hou mixture. Stir to distribute..
- Layer in the short ribs and cubed tendon. Add the daikon, parsnip and mushroom on top..
- Pressure cook on high pressure for 10 min.
- Quick release the pressure. Drian the baby corn and add it to a bowl..
- Remove the daikon and parsnips and place on top of the baby corn. Leave this aside to stay warm..
- Replace the lid on the pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for another 20 min.
- Let the pressure naturally release. Remove the lid and pick out the rib bones..
- Combine the starch and water into a slurry. Bring the stew to a simmer and add the slurry while stirring a little at a time until it thickens to your level of choosing..
- Add the reserved vegetables and mix. Dice the green stems of the onions for garnish..
Beef tendons are commonly used as an ingredient in some Asian cuisines and I've tried them in Chinese, Japanese. This Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is a classic, old-fashioned recipe, based on a stovetop version my mom cooked for me growing up. This Chinese beef stew is an easy make-ahead recipe that requires little prep and you'll have The beef is braised in a rich savory broth with potatoes and carrots until super tender and flavorful. Pressure cooker beef stew is a delicious and easy recipe that cooks in minutes but tastes like it has simmered for hours. Remove the pressure cooker from heat, reduce pressure or.