Instant Pot Beef Caldereta. This video will show you how to conveniently cook Filipino beef caldereta using Instant Pot. Beef Kaldereta is a main stay in any Filipino Kitchen. It is a type of beef stew cooked with tomato sauce and liver spread.
Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew cooked until fork-tender Beef Kaldereta (or Caldereta) is a Filipino spicy tomato-based beef stew loved by many Filipinos. Hi Jessa, The steps actually can be the same if using instant pot. I had previously tried making a corned beef in my Instant Pot with terrible results – tough and dry and a trip to the trash. You can have Instant Pot Beef Caldereta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Caldereta
- It’s 2 lbs of beef chuck; cut into 2” chunks.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- It’s 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 3/4 of ths of an onion; minced.
- Prepare 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 2 of carrots; cut into chunks.
- It’s 3 of red potatoes; cut into chunks.
- It’s 11 of mini bell peppers.
- Prepare 4.25 oz of Liver Spread.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare of Peas.
I decided to try again using this recipe and it was PERFECT! Instant Pot Filipino Beef Tapa is a traditional Filipino breakfast dish made inside a pressure cooker. It cuts like butter and is finger licking good. An easy way to make this delicious and comforting Filipino dish! #beef caldereta recipe filipino food instant pot.
Instant Pot Beef Caldereta step by step
- Start by marinating your beef in soy sauce and some black pepper. Shouldn’t be soaking in soy; just so they aren’t red anymore..
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode on high. Add some oil to lightly coat the bottom. Sear your meat on all sides. Set aside in a bowl..
- Add your onions and garlic to the instant pot and sauté until translucent..
- Add your meat back in with all the juices, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and fill with beef broth until it just covers the meat. Set your IP to manual – high pressure – 30 mins..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, pan-fry your potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper until they show some color. Set aside..
- Quick release when ready, then add in your pre-sautéed veggies from step 5, brown sugar, and (start with) half a can of liver spread. Gradually add more to your liking. Hit the cancel button, then press sauté again on high. Simmer this until the mixture reduces ~10-15 more mins..
- Don’t forget to add in however many peas you like! And that my friends, is Filipino beef stew. Enjoy!.
Using Instant Pot as a Pressure Cooker for Corned Beef and Cabbage will become your go to method to cook Corned Beef. If the Instant Pot was available to the Irish back in the day, no doubt that would be their preferred choice of making this signature dish! This meal is designed to be pressure cooked! These Instant Pot Beef Burritos are the perfect weeknight meal that you can enjoy, wrapped up with lots (or less) of cheese, hot sauce, sour cream and lettuce. All optional toppings, but man do they go well with a hot wrapped burrito!