Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew. Here is how you achieve it. Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper.
It's a labor of love that starts with stew meat in the slow To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. This variation of beef stew is hearty, easy to make and low in fat. You can substitute venison for the beef. You can have Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Pound of Beef Stew Meat.
- Prepare as Needed of Salt.
- It’s as Needed of Cracked Black Pepper.
- You need 1/2 of Onion Diced.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Dried Italian Seasoning.
- It’s 6 Cups of Water.
- It’s 14 Ounce of Can Tomato Sauce.
- Prepare 3 of Beef Bouillon Cubes.
- You need 1 Cup of Chopped Celery Stalks and Leaves.
- It’s 1 Cup of Frozen Corn Kernels.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Diced Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Fresh Sliced Carrots.
If you want to stretch out the recipe, try serving over cooked noodles. Nothing beats my Mom's slow-cooked vegetable soup. It's a labor of love that starts with stew meat in the slow cooker overnight and is finished the next day with tons of fresh veggies. And this one ain't missing out on flavor… seriously!
Lee's Easy Southern Beef Vegetable Stew instructions
- Heat up oil in a deep stock pot over medium high heat. Generously season stew meat with salt and pepper. Brown stew meat and chopped onion together, approximately 7-10 minutes. Add Italian seasoning and chopped garlic during the last minute..
- Add water, tomato sauce and beef bouillon cubes. Cover and simmer for 1 hour..
- When ready add chopped celery, carrots, frozen corn kernels, and diced potatoes. Cover and simmer approximately 30-45 minutes until vegetables are fork tender. Adjust seasoning if needed..
- Serve with fresh cornbread for a complete meal. Tastes even better the next day. Enjoy!! Note: This can be cooked in a crockpot, Insta Pot, etc. Just adjust your cooking times..
An easier recipe certainly doesn't mean a bland recipe! Beef stew may be easy to make, but having it come out flavorful is a whole other story. Lisa Lavery of the CHOW Test Kitchen shows you how to build the. Beef stew is one of those popular dishes at gatherings and in the home here in Zimbabwe. It's therefore good to have different ways to Add beef, garlic, salt, and the garlic and herb seasoning.