Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes). This hearty Lebanese comfort food dish is a perfect meat and potatoes meal on a stormy March night. For the full recipe, refer to "Wadid's Kafta Batata" in. Kefta is ground beef or lamb, mixed with a variety of herbs and spices.
Swap out kefta for the meatballs and tahini sauce instead of cream sauce, and you have a Middle Eastern twist on a European favorite. Halfway through the baking process, turn the potato wedges and beef patties upside down to ensure even browning. While the kefta is baking, prepare the tahini. You can have Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes)
- You need 1 kg of mince beef meat.
- It’s 1 bunch of parsley (chopped).
- It’s 1 of brown onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of kgs potato.
- You need 1 of red capsicum.
- It’s 1 of green capsicum.
- You need 1 of yellow capsicum.
- You need 3 of tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 cups of water.
Keftedes (Greece) : Add some breadcrumbs and a little red wine to the meat mixture. Köfte (Turkey) : Add some breadcrumbs and form the Before frying, you can roll the kefta in some flour and shake off the extra to help them brown. Place them in the food processor with I have made this kefta using dried onions and parsley (don't be too horrified with me) and froze it ahead of time. My husband loves this recipe but.
Kefta Batata (Beef Kefta with Potatoes) step by step
- Mix mince beef with chopped parsley, 1 tsp salt, and brown onion in a bowl, mix them together..
- Shape the mixture with your hand,.
- Pre-heat a sauce pan, cook the shaped kefta meat into them until they are cooked well, place them in a tray, put aside..
- Peel potatoes and cut them up long thinck shape, deep fry them until they are cooked well, place them on top of the kefta meat..
- Cut up tomatoes and capsicums round shape, and place them on top of potatoes..
- Mix pomegranate molasses, lemon juice, tomato sauce, 1 tsp of salt together in a bowl, add 2 cups of water, mix them well..
- Pour the pomegranate mixture into a kefta tray, and bake it for 20-30 mins in 200°C heat..
- Kefta with potatoes is ready to serve..
Use it to make grilled kefta kebabs or for shaping into patties, logs or meatballs to cook stove top or in the oven. Kefta is the Moroccan Arabic term for ground meat or minced meat, with or without classic Moroccan seasoning that includes at a minimum paprika, cumin. It makes a superb kebab and is the foundation of other Moroccan dishes. Kefta is ground beef or lamb, typically mixed with cumin, paprika, minced onion, coriander and parsley; cinnamon, cayenne pepper and mint. Beef Kefta Patties with Cucumber Salad.