Beef and chorizo tacos. Beef Chorizo Tacos with Cabbage Slaw. Each person gets three filling tacos for a satisfying meal full of fresh veggie crunch. Garlic, paprika, cumin, and vinegar turn ground beef into near-instant Mexican-style chorizo, much leaner than the traditional pork version.
Beef & Chorizo Tacos recipe: These are a nice alternative to the regular ole taco night. For our version of the ground beef taco, we started by browning ground beef and Mexican-style chorizo—an ideal combination for a flavorful, tender filling. Then we added onion and poblano chile for some vegetal complexity. You can have Beef and chorizo tacos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Beef and chorizo tacos
- Prepare 1/2 lb of lean ground beef.
- You need 2 links of raw chorizo sausage (6 to 8oz).
- It’s 1/3 cup of white onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of large poblano diced.
- Prepare of Large garlic minced.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare of Lime.
- You need of Hot Mexican chile powder.
- You need of Smoked paprika.
- It’s of Cumin.
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Small Idaho potato skinned and diced small (about a cup to cup and a 1/2).
Get the recipe for Beef and Chorizo Tacos with Sautéed Chard. Meanwhile, heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a separate large skillet over medium heat. This healthy Beef and Chorizo Chili is made with four different kinds of beans and homemade chorizo. A comforting and hardy one-pot dish ready in one hour.
Beef and chorizo tacos instructions
- Start by skinning the potatoe and dicing it. Add to a bowl and season with salt, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Add to a non stick.
- In a non stick pan heat some evo in your and add the onions and poblano. Sauté for around 10 minutes or until the onions start to brown. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant..
- Add the potatoes and turn the heat up to about medium high and cook until they are crispy and set aside..
- In a separate pan add the meat and cook through. Season with cumin, paprika, chili powder and a couple punches of salt. Once the seasoning have toasted with the meat add the potatoe mixture in with about a 1/2 cup of water and simmer until thickened.
- Add the cilantro and pull off the heat. Serve on flour street tacos with some pepper jack cheese, homemade pico and a touch of sour cream..
It's also pretty darn good in chorizo tacos too! Speaking of easy, there's nothing more simple and satisfying than cooking up a big ol' pot of chili. Platter of mexican street tacos with carne asada, chorizo, and al pastor in corn tortillas. Mexican beef breakfast hot sauce and refried black beans. These tacos are my Grandma's recipe and only complete alongside her enchiladas but they are seriously good on their own too.