Moroccan Beef Stew. Moroccan beef stew is a unique savory and sweet combination with dried apricots and raisins. Moroccan Beef Stew is hearty, flavorful and perfect for a chilly night! It's perfect slowly simmered on the stovetop, in the oven or pressure cooker.
Get more healthy and delicious recipes at www.wellme.com This recipe for Moroccan beef stew includes five iron-rich foods. Not only is it rich in iron. This Moroccan beef stew recipe is full of robust flavors, using ten different spices, that are sure to So, it's no wonder that I would enjoy a Moroccan beef stew, that has a similar flavor palette, and is. You can cook Moroccan Beef Stew using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Moroccan Beef Stew
- Prepare 2 lbs of beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Prepare 1 of purple onion, chopped.
- You need 1 of large carrot, sliced 1/4 inch thick on the bias.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- You need 1 of red or orange bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Spanish paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 of heap tsp beef stock paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1/2 cup of Kalamata olives, pitted.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of golden raisins.
- You need 1 handful of cilantro, chopped.
- You need of Zest from 1 lemon.
This is a flavorful beef and lentil stew inspired by the tastes of Morocco, including dried apricots and lots of spices. Reviews for: Photos of Moroccan Beef and Lentil Stew. Try a healthy beef stew recipe that you can wake up to or come home to. This wonderfully fragrant Moroccan beef stew calls for spices you may already have on hand.
Moroccan Beef Stew step by step
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large pot on medium-high heat. Season the beef cubes with salt and pepper and fry them in the pot until they're well-browned. Remove any excess oil and fill the pot with enough cold water to cover the meat. Cover and turn the heat down to medium-low. Let simmer for 2 hours, skimming the surface regularly to remove any scum. Add extra water as needed..
- Add a splash of olive oil to a large, deep pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and carrots and fry for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and fry 1 minute more. Stir in the spices and continue frying 1 minute..
- Pull the beef cubes from their pot and stir 3 cups of the braising liquid as well as the stock paste and honey into the pan of spiced veggies. Add the olives and raisins and bring to a simmer. Let cook 5 minutes, then add the beef, cilantro and half the lemon zest. Simmer 2 to 3 minutes to warm the meat through. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top when serving..
This Moroccan Beef Stew is made with Beef Stew meat, nutritious sweet potato, golden raisins and familiar spices. Not too sweet and not too spicy, this Moroccan Beef Stew with Lentils dish knocks it out of the park! Make the healthier version of Korean Beef faster than you can order takeout! Moroccan beef stew, a sweeter version of the classic meaty soup. Beef stew is a delicious dinner option on those cold winter nights.