Beef and Udon Stir-fry. Try making this popular Japanese restaurant classic – Stir-Fry Beef Udon Noodles – and I guarantee you'll want to add it to your regular rotation of Japanese stir-fry noodles which can be prepared very quickly, making it a perfect a weeknight dinner. The key to success is to make sure you have all of the. Beef Noodle Stir Fry – The easiest stir fry ever!
This recipe is really easy to follow and its one of our favorite noodle recipe ever. Please try this recipe and tell. But the one I chose to make first was the beef, broccoli and udon noodle stir-fry. You can cook Beef and Udon Stir-fry using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef and Udon Stir-fry
- You need 1 lb of beef sirloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- You need 2 tsp of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1 package of (about 7 oz) precooked udon noodles.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of thumb-sized nub ginger, peeled and choped.
- Prepare 1 of shallot chopped.
- Prepare 3 of green onions, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water chestnuts, chopped.
- Prepare 1 handful of cilantro, leaves and stems chopped separately.
Although there is a recipe in the book to make your own udon noodles, it's also refreshing to see that Luiz takes a pragmatic view and mentions good store-bought udon noodles as an alternative in the ingredient list. Because beef stir fry is a quick cooking process. You can use a lower grade beef for stew because as long as you cook it for an hour or two on low heat (In this beef stir-fry recipe, I suggest to add ginger and only the white portion of the scallion. Keep the green section and add just about to finish cooking. ) Beef and udon stir-fry.
Beef and Udon Stir-fry step by step
- In a mixing bowl, combine the beef with the soy sauce, mirin vinegar, honey and sesame oil. Cover and let marinate for 30 minutes..
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a small pot. Drop in the udon and simmer for 3 minutes or until the noodles separate on their own. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water, then set them aside..
- Add a splash of peanut oil to a large nonstick pan on high heat. Add the beef (but not the marinade) and let fry 1 minute until brown. Add the garlic, ginger and shallot and fry another 1 minute until fragrant..
- Add the green onions, water chestnuts, chopped cilantro stems and udon to the pan. Pour in the marinade and add several grinds of black pepper. Stir together and let fry for 5 minutes. Toss with the chopped cilantro leaves before serving..
Throw in the marinated beef, along with all the saucy stuff from the bowl, and stir-fry for another minute. Throw in the mangetout and broccoli, then pour in a little splash of water – this will steam up and help to cook the. In this recipe, we're making an easy stir-fry inspired by a range of Asian cuisines. They can simply be added to the pan in the last few minutes of. Here is how to make Beef and Udon Noodle Stir-Fry.