Beef 'n Cheddar burritos. Beefy, cheesy burritos are baked with salsa and more cheese for this hearty (and quick!) family-pleasing dinner. Then add the ground beef and cook until the beef is cooked through. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt and stir to combine.
We took our famous roast beef, topped it with Cheddar cheese sauce and zesty Red Ranch and served it on a toasted onion roll. The Best Chunky Beef Burritos Recipes on Yummly Added some cheese with it (milk + cheddar + flour) and chipotle sauce as a side. You can cook Beef 'n Cheddar burritos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef 'n Cheddar burritos
- You need 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hot paprika.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 package of ready-made flour tortillas (burrito-sized).
Then I got my second wind and made them beef and bean burritos, which took exactly sixteen minutes to get on the table. Wrap filling into tortilla with your choice of cheddar cheese, sour cream, black olives, avocado, and/or salsa. Beef Burritos is a classic Mexican dish, and this recipe was made especially to be kidney-friendly. Divide the beef mixture among tortillas.
Beef 'n Cheddar burritos step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and fry for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the beef to the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks and browns. Let fry for about 10 minutes until mostly cooked. Use a spoon to drain away any excess oil..
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and spices and continue frying 5 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and starting to caramelize. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the water and let it come to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and replace it with a large nonstick pan..
- Assemble the burritos by placing 2 tbsp cheese in a small horizontal line along the centre of the tortilla. On top of that put 2 tbsp of the meat filling. Fold up the tortilla at both ends then roll the burrito away from you until you have a nice big tube. Press down lightly on the burritos to flatten them a bit..
- Brush the burritos with a little veg oil and fry them in the nonstick pan for 1 minute on each side. Serve with your favourite toppings and sauces..
If you are preparing these for the freezer, wrap the burritos individually in parchment paper and place. Arby's gives their signature Beef 'N Cheddar sandwich some extra legs by throwing bacon and brisket into the mix and calling it the new "Bacon 'N Brisket Available for a limited time, the sandwich consists of thin-sliced smoked brisket, thin-sliced roast beef, pepper bacon, cheddar cheese sauce, and red. Is the Bacon 'n Brisket Beef 'n Cheddar good for you? These burritos stuffed with ground beef, black beans, corn, rice and cheddar cheese are a quick and easy weeknight meal the whole family will love! To assemble burritos, heat tortillas in microwave or in a dry skillet until warm.