Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl. In the age of Chipotle, when burrito bowls have become layers upon layers of fancy meats, creamy dressings, and crunchy tortilla strips, I'm scaling it back to the basics. No frills, no fancy ingredients, just the bare bones. Budget friendly burrito bowl for everyone who loves rice and beans.
This burrito bowl uses lean ground beef which speeds up the cooking time and makes this bowl the perfect burrito bowl to have for lunch or dinner. We love going to Chipotle with the kids.. I'm all about the burritos and salad bowls and loved creating this one at home. You can have Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl
- It’s of Ground Beef.
- Prepare 1 lb of Ground Beef 75/25.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of Salt and Pepper.
- It’s 1 pkg of taco seasoning.
- Prepare of Rice.
- It’s 1 cup of uncooked long grain white rice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of Black Beans.
- You need 1 (15 oz.) of cans black beans.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare of Salsa.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, large.
- Prepare 1 of lime, juice and zested.
- You need 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, minced.
- You need 1/8 cup of cilantro, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/8 cup of Canned Hot Peppers, diced.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s 6 oz of shredded cheese (your choice).
- It’s 8 oz of Sour Cream.
What I love about burritos bowls is that they are really easy to put together and are also very budget friendly. For the chicken bowls, I used a chipotle. Usually, a burrito makes a meal. But for your Super Bowl party, turn the dish into a finger food using smaller tortillas filled with refried beans, ground beef and cheese.
Poorman’s Beef Burrito Bowl step by step
- Add the rice, salt, and 3 cups water to a medium sauce pot. Place a lid on top, turn the heat on to high, and allow the water to come up to a full boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low and let it continue to simmer for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the heat off and let it sit, with the lid in place, for an additional five minutes. Fluff just before serving..
- While the rice is cooking, make the beans. Add both cans of black beans (undrained) to a small sauce pot, along with the cumin, and garlic powder. Heat over medium, stirring often, until heated through..
- Dice the tomato and hot peppers, mince jalapeño and onions. Mix in a bowl while squeezing lime juice and zest together. Set aside..
- In a skillet under medium high heat brown the meat season with salt and pepper. Once browned, reduce heat to low and drain most of the grease. Return to skillet and add taco seasoning with some of the remaining grease and mix in well..
- Place rice in bowl, and add toppings. Serve and enjoy!.
Twice the Chicken, Twice the Queso Queso blanco, chicken (no antibiotics ever), corn, salsa, lettuce Create your own signature burrito or bowl with your choice of unlimited fresh ingredients including antibiotic free chicken, slow roasted beef. If you've ordered Chipotle burrito bowl at the Chipotle Mexican Grill in your area, you know you have quite a few protein options – steak, canitas, chicken, chorizo, and barbacoa. Another Mexican classic, Beef Barbacoa is a delicacy which keeps beef tender, juicy & bursting with flavour. The Nutriquick version focuses on using real ingredients, herbs & spices to bring out the flavour rather than sugars & fats, which enable us to Beef Barbacoa Burrito Bowl. Assemble your burrito bowls with a layer of quinoa/brown rice and top with shredded lettuce.