"Savory" Corned Beef Hash. A good corned beef hash recipe is one of the best corned beef recipes. This corned beef hash recipe is one of my favorite breakfast or lunch recipes, when I want something just a little different. Topped with a poached or fried egg or two, it is the perfect mix of savory flavors.
Corned beef hash is a classic Irish dish made with flavorful corned beef, diced potatoes, onions, and spices. If you are using leftover corned beef with cabbage, you can throw in some of the cabbage too. This adds a more savory flavor to your corned beef hash recipe. You can have "Savory" Corned Beef Hash using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of "Savory" Corned Beef Hash
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked corned beef, diced or shredded.
- It’s 2 cups of cooked potatoes, diced or chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of broth (corned beef or beef).
- Prepare 1/2 of medium yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 clove of garlic, smashed.
- You need 1 Tbs. of whole-grain mustard.
- Prepare Dash of nutmeg, powdered cloves, and ginger.
- You need 1/4 Tsp. of dried thyme.
- Prepare Dash of salt and pepper.
- You need 3 Tbs. of unsalted butter, divided.
- You need 2 Tbs. of light cooking oil, divided.
- It’s 3 Tbs. of fresh parsley, finely chopped.
- You need 2 of eggs poached.
Another dish you thought you couldn't eat while being on Slimming World!! Serve this savory treat with fried eggs and soda bread. It's just as good for breakfast the next day. Garnish of chickpeas with pepper and tomatoes, a vegetarian dish rich in protein, located in a plate against a dark background horizontally.
"Savory" Corned Beef Hash step by step
- In a large bowl, add the corned beef and potatoes and mix lightly. Add the broth, the onions, garlic, and mustard. Mix lightly..
- Add the seasonings and spices, and mix well. Cover and refrigerate ideally overnight..
- Heat half the butter and half the oil in a pan or skillet over medium-high heat..
- [Heat water – eggs for poaching in a separate pan or pot].
- When the foaming of the butter subsides, add the hash mixture. Press down and form into a pancake the size of the pan. Fry for 3 minutes now on medium heat..
- Tighten up the sides of the cake and cook for another 4 minutes. Look for the underside to be brown and crispy..
- Flip the hash using a large spatula (or use a plate on top, invert, and slide off into pan). Add the rest of the butter and oil as you flip the mixture..
- Rise the heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes. Firm up the edges. Reduce the heat to medium, cook for 4 minutes more..
- Finish poaching eggs or fry eggs in a separate pan..
- Plate the corned beef hash and top with a poached egg (or pan-fried egg) and chopped parsley..
Same Series: Savory Homemade Corned Beef Hash. Corned Beef Hash is a flavorful and satisfying breakfast recipe that combines Instant Pot cooked marinated corned beef and potatoes with eggs. Then, to make the hash, I fried them up in butter and added some farm fresh eggs on top. It makes a satisfying, filling, and savory breakfast. You will love the comforting goodness of this delicious Corned Beef Hash recipe.