Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast. This easy slow cooker roast beef recipe with potatoes, rosemary, and carrots makes for an easy impressive dinner. Pour over beef broth and Worcestershire. Remove from slow cooker and let rest, then slice and serve with vegetables.
It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow. Impossibly tender beef pot roast with carrots, mushrooms and onions. It's easy in the slow cooker. You can have Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of Boneless Blade Roast or Chuck Roast (Trimmed).
- Prepare 2 of Medium Onions Quartered or Coarsely Chopped.
- It’s 6 Cloves of Garlic Minced.
- You need 5 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 2 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes Peeled & Diced 1-2" Cubes.
- It’s 4 of Large Carrots or One Bag Baby Carrots Cut into 1" Pieces.
- Prepare 32 oz of Carton Beef Broth (use less if you like less gravy).
- It’s 2 Tbs of Dijon Mustard.
- You need 1 Tbs of Brown Sugar or Coconut Sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Organic All Purpose Flour.
- You need 4-6 of Beef Bouillon Cubes or 4-6 tsp Bouillon Powder.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 of Bay Leaf.
- It’s 2 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
The key is searing the meat first. Revive your leftover pot roast with this easy Beef Ragu recipe submitted by user Betty Soup: Cut reserved beef and vegetables into bite-sized pieces. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. Slow cooking at low heat is what melts the tough connective tissue between the muscle fibers, leaving you with tender meat that pulls apart with your fork.
Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast step by step
- Season all sides of Beef Roast with Salt, Pepper, and Garlic Powder. Season to your taste..
- Heat Olive Oil in skillet over Medium to Medium High heat. Brown all sides of roast. Place Roast in a large Crock-Pot..
- On top of Roast, layer in Onions, Garlic, Potatoes, Thyme, Carrots, Bouillon Cubes, and Bay Leaf. Pour in Red Wine. Add some Salt and Pepper. Remember, the Bouillon adds a lot of Sodium, so you won't need as much Salt..
- In a separate cup or bowl, pour in around a cup of the Beef Broth. Add in Flour, Dijon, and Brown Sugar. Whisk until mixed. Pour into Crock-Pot along with the rest of the Broth..
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the vegetables are soft and the gravy has thickened. The longer it cooks, the better. Taste for seasoning, and add more if needed. Remove Bay Leaf and Thyme Stems, before serving..
For pot roasts, and other slow. In this easy cooking video, I make a simple pot roast, or stew, using a boneless beef chuck roast, in my Crock-Pot slow cooker. Cuts of beef that perform well for pot roasting go by many different names: Blade roast, cross-rib roast (or shoulder clod), seven-bone pot roast, arm pot roast, and boneless chuck roast are all acceptable cuts. Either way, this roast beef recipe will become unbelievably tender and flavorful in. Slow cooker pot roast is made with only five ingredients plus water.