Instant Pot Beef Stew. Because this beef stew is made in the Instant Pot and we want everything to cook in the same amount of time, the carrots and potatoes should be cut into large pieces so that they don't overcook and fall apart. Go with chunks that are the same size as the beef cubes, with the exception of the onion and. This Instant Pot Beef Stew is filled with tender pieces of beef, potatoes and carrots in a rich and flavorful broth.
This beef stew is perfect comfort food for the cold winter months. This Instant Pot beef stew is tender meat combined with carrots, potatoes and peas in a rich and savory broth. An easy dinner that can be on the table I serve my beef stew with a side of garlic knots or with a cucumber salad for a complete meal. You can cook Instant Pot Beef Stew using 22 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Stew
- You need 1.5 lb of beef chuck, chopped into cubes.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fresh ground pepper.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pinot noir.
- Prepare 4 cups of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 of carrots, chopped.
- You need 4 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 1 of large potato, peeled and chopped.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 6 oz of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried rosemary.
- You need 1 tsp of dried parsley.
- It’s 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery seed.
- You need 1 tsp of Worcester sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornstarch.
- You need 2 tbsp of water.
I am in love with my Instant Pot, it has become such a. Why are we browning the chuck steak as a whole before cutting it up? Due to less surface area, browning the Classic American Instant Pot Beef Stew: Make this soul-satisfying beef stew. Serve with green salad and crusty, buttery bread – so, so good.
Instant Pot Beef Stew instructions
- Combine flour, powdered garlic, salt and pepper in a gallon plastic bag and shake vigorously. Add cubed beef and toss to coat..
- Heat olive oil in a instant pot on saute mode, then add onions and beef. Cook until browned..
- Deglaze pot with red wine. After all the brown bits are scraped off the bottom, stir in all the other ingredients except the cornstarch and water. Close the pot and cook on stew setting..
- After pot is depressurized, create a slurry with cornstarch and water. Add slowly to pot and thicken to desired consistency. Salt and pepper to taste..
Watch how to make our instant pot beef stew: My friend Tyler brought us this beef stew, and as you can see, Tyler is a master of the northern Minnesotan home-cooked meal. Instant pot beef stew is the ultimate one-pot comfort food using high-pressure cooking. The meat tenderizes with a hearty mix of potatoes, carrots, celery, and onions for a delicious complete meal. By using the Instant Pot, you get to skip the hours-long process of simmering the stew over the stovetop. Instant Pot Beef Stew is the perfect way to warm up from the inside out this chilly winter.