Low Carb Braised Beef Stew. A rich low carb beef stew recipe featuring meltingly tender beef and perfectly cooked vegetables. The ideal low carb stew should feature fork tender beef and tender (not mushy) vegetables in a Because this uses a tough and flavorful cut of beef, it must be braised or "stewed" to achieve. Serve this warming beef stew with grain-free dumplings or creamy low-carb cauli-mash.
Meat Low Carb Recipes on Yummly Low Carb Beef Stew, Crock-pot Beef Stew keto / Low Carb, Low Carb Instant Pot Or Stovetop Hearty Beef Stew. You'll be left with rich and hearty stew that makes a delicious and filling winter meal. You can have Low Carb Braised Beef Stew using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Low Carb Braised Beef Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of Beef (any tough cut eg beef cheeks) cut into large chunks.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- Prepare 2 of Brown Onions – sliced.
- You need 2 of Bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of Crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Chilli Flakes.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 4 cups of Beef Stock.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 7 of Red Radishes.
- Prepare 2 Stalks of Celery (roughly chopped).
- You need 4 of Carrots (rougly chopped).
- You need of Olive Oil.
And once you know how to make beef stew keto, pair it with a veggie side, or keto bread (or keto breadsticks. Slow-Cooker Braised Beef with Carrots & Turnips. The spice blend in this healthy beef stew recipe–cinnamon, allspice and cloves–may conjure images of apple pie, but the combo is a great fit in savory applications too. Beef and cabbage stew with a tomato base is a lower-carb version of traditional beef stew; garnish with sour cream.
Low Carb Braised Beef Stew instructions
- Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced. Season the flour with salt & pepper and cover the beef with the seasoned flour and batch fry to seal the meat in a oven ready cast iron pan. Remove the meat and set aside..
- In the same pan add the onion, bay leaves and garlic and fry until lightly browned. Adding a dash of water to scrape any meat residue from the bottom of the pan..
- Add the spices (paprika, coriander & chilli) to the onion, cook till fragrant for 1 minute then add the tomato paste. Stir through then add the chopped vegetables. Stir to coat well..
- Add the meat incl meat juices to the dish and coat well. Add the beef stock and soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover then move to the preheated oven and braise for 1.5 hours..
- After 1.5 hours remove from oven, stir through, cover and braise for another hour. After 2.5 hours the meat should be tender and it should be ready to serve. You can serve with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy 😋.
Top tip for making Braised beef stew. Want beef stew with tender and juicy pieces of meat? Don't buy pre-cut "stewing beef." Here's what you need to know, along with results from our tests of That gelatin will also seep into the surrounding stew liquids, increasing their viscosity and giving them rich body. This simple savory-sweet tender chunks of beef is very easy to cook. Try this recipe and let me know what you think.