Beef Kare-Kare. Beef Kare-Kare is a version of kare-kare or peanut stew that makes use of beef chuck, instead of the traditional oxtail. It is as good as our other versions of kare kare. It was perfect with some spicy.
Key Ingredients: Beef, Peanut Butter, Bagoong(sautéed shrimp paste), Atsuete, Banana Blossom Flower, Long Beans, Eggplant, Bok Choy, Oil, Garlic, Onion, Pepper. Beef Kare kare Recipe is made from peanut sauce with a variety of vegetables, stewed oxtail, beef, and occasionally offal or tripe. Meat variants may include goat meat, chicken or rarely fish. You can cook Beef Kare-Kare using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef Kare-Kare
- It’s 1 of kilo beef cut into cubes.
- Prepare 100 g of Bok Choy (Chinese cabbage) cut.
- It’s 100 g of yardlong beans cut into 2 inch long.
- Prepare 4 of eggplants sliced/cut.
- You need 3 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of ground peanuts or 5 tablespoons creamy peanut butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fish sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoons warm water.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion diced.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic minced.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Shrimp paste/bagoong.
- You need of Optional: 3 tbs annatto seeds soaked in a cup of water for colour.
This Filipino Kare-Kare Recipe is a meat and vegetable stew with oxtail, beef or tripe, eggplant Kare-Kare is a well- known dish from Pampanga aptly hailed as the Culinary Capital of the Philippines. Kare-kare is an orange-brown Filipino stew made with peanut sauce, vegetables and meat. Ox tail, ox tripe, and beef kienchi are more usually used, as well as goat meat. Beef Kare-Kare is a version of kare-kare or peanut stew that makes use of beef chuck, instead of the traditional oxtail.
Beef Kare-Kare instructions
- Saute garlic and onion in oil until garlic is light golden brown and onion is translucent. Set aside..
- Using the same pan earlier, cook beef for about 30-45 minutes or until tender. Push beef to the side of the pan and add sliced eggplants. Fry for about 5 minutes..
- Add cooked garlic and onion, pour in 3 cups water (if using annatto seeds, replace 1 cup of water used to doak seeds in) and dissolved cornstarch and bring to a boil. Add ground peanuts/peanut butter, fish sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until sauce thickens..
- Add yardlong beans and bok choy/pechay and simmer for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Note: Some prefer to blanch their veggies in hot water to cook separately from the meat and sauce to retain crispiness of vegetables..
- Serve over steamed rice and a little bit of bagoong/shrimp paste on the side..
It is as good as our other versions What is Casserole? It is one of the famous Filipino food recipe of stew in a peanut sauce. beef kare kare recipe. If you don't want to use oxtail, but still wish to include that rich umami flavour of the meat, then substitute with beef. You can use beef cheeks or beef chuck. Find kare kare stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection.