Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot. A fool proof recipe for The Best Crock Pot Roast. Fall apart tender beef that's been deliciously seasoned, served with carrots and potatoes! Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor.
Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make. Crockpot chuck roast is Sunday dinner at its best; tender, juicy, mouthwatering beef! You can cook Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot
- You need 2.5-3 lb of boneless chuck roast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1-1.5 cup of lower sodium beef broth.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dry rosemary.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of corn oil (for searing meat).
- You need of Salt & Pepper meat before searing.
Make this pot roast recipe in a slow cooker or a Dutch oven. I love chuck roast in the slow cooker like our Chipotle's Famous Barbacoa and Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches. It was one of the first recipes I ever added. This crockpot roast beef is perfect as leftovers as well… if you have any.
Best beef pot roast ever-crockpot instructions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Sear / brown seasoned meat on both sides..
- Remove meat. Add balsamic vinegar and beef broth and deglaze the pan..
- Stir in the rosemary, garlic and onion powder. Bring to boil..
- Place 2 bay leaves on bottom of crockpot. Place seared meat on top. Pour in the liquid from the pan. Liquid needs to come up to just below the top of the meat…. 3/4 the way up the meat..
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat to platter. Thicken the gravy and serve with mashed potatoes..
But now that it's just my youngest son and me, we can enjoy this pot roast for a. Pot roast isn't really a specific recipe or cut of meat — it's more of a method. Take a big cut of tough beef, brown it if you can Which Cuts of Beef Work Best? Now that we know the details behind why tough cuts make the best pot roast, let's get into the specific cuts. In a large slow cooker, place roast beef.