Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables. Classic Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Noodles recipe (aka Gon Chow Ngo Ho) made with chewy flat ho fun rice noodles and tender flavourful beef slices. Beef chow fun is addictive with its chewy noodles and flavourful tender beef slices and it's so easy to sit down and finish off the whole thing. The stir-fried rice noodles with beef called 干炒 牛 河 are one of the favorite dishes of Chinese people.
Ho fun (He fun, shahe fun) is a wide flat rice noodle, popular in Southern China especially in Guangdong province. It is normally stir fried with meat or vegetables. Those stir fried ho fun dishes are named as chow fun in Cantonese for example this beef chow fun. You can cook Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables
- Prepare 1-1/2 pounds of ho fun noodles see my recipe.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 pound of carrots.
- It’s 1/2 of large onion sliced.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of soya sauce.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sesame seed oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of unbleached flour all purpose.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground white pepper.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- You need 1 quart of beef broth divided.
Beef Chow Fun is loaded with wide rice noodles, sliced beef and vegetables, all tossed in a homemade chow fun sauce. Cantonese stir fried ho fun rice noodles with tender beef, bean sprouts, green onions coated in a flavorful & savory sauce. Beef chow fun is made of three basic ingredients. First comes the noodles, then the beef and then their combined mixture with other ingredients I try at least to include at least a few vegetables to make the dish more nutritious.
Ho Fun Noodles with Beef and Vegetables step by step
- Brown the beef and add in the soya sauce, and break up the beef, a bit. Add the vegetables and spices allow to simmer covered till carrots are tender. Add the flour and stir in and cook 4 minutes..
- Add in the beef broth except 1 cup. Add the vinegar. Cook till thickened add the noodles, sesame seed oil, and rest of beef broth..
- Gently stir and allow to incorporate well. Allow to rest 7 minutes, serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
An example is beef with broccoli or sliced mushrooms, these which. Beef chow fun consists of tender, succulent beef slices; soft, springy rice noodles; crispy beansprouts and aromatic Chinese chives. It's tasty, comforting and nutritious (protein, vegetable and starch in one plate). The Chinese name of this dish "干炒牛河" literally means "Dry fried beef and ho fun (a. Add the fresh Ho Fun noodles breaking them up with a spoon and stirring everything together.